Starting from an initial cohort of 233 in 2013, today, Wharton Guiding Undergraduates In Development & Education (GUIDE) is a Wharton Undergraduate Division sponsored organization with over 1,200 members and is the largest MBA-Undergraduate student group at Wharton.
We are predominantly known for our MBA Mentorship program, matching Juniors and Seniors with MBAs for mutual learning and mentorship.
GUIDE empowers undergraduates with opportunities that expand their perspectives, foster a sense of community, and challenge them to grow
To guide undergraduates in their personal development and educational endeavors through their time at Wharton and beyond
To foster a community of leaders, ready to make their mark on the world
GUIDE recruits freshman and sophomores into director-level positions. As a director, you'll have the opportunity to tackle high impact projects that will shape the Wharton community and future of GUIDE. We look for ambitious, motivated candidates that align with our values and do not expect prior experience.
All applicants will apply to be a director. If accepted, our leadership team will check-in with you to identify a semester-long project you're interested in and provide support & mentorship throughout the term. You'll take the lead on your very own project but collaborate with other directors along the way. Potential projects might be:
• Designing a pixel-art recreation of Huntsman Hall for our interactive 2D RPG-style video events platform
• Leveraging data analytics, machine learning, & AI to identify attributes among our 80+ signals that contribute to the most effective mentorship relationships
• Constructing an integrated playbook for our interactive engagement strategy and exploring new engagement formats like video, audio, and VR through hands-on pilots
• Crafting an optimized mentorship matching algorithm based on learnings from commercial matchmaking and dating applications (Yes, we're talking about Tinder, Hinge, Bumble, etc)
• Developing a 360 external partnership or internal engagement strategy that positions GUIDE for long-term growth
• Your own ideas! This is your chance to try something new! Our team is friendly and ready to support you in making an impact.
1. Hit bookmark and subscribe buttons above to be added to our board recruitment listserv
2. We'll reach out with more information on our informational sessions and application once school starts
3. February 10th - That's when applications are due through the Wharton Common Club App
4. February 11th - 14th - Chats with the board (evaluative)
5. February 15th - Board decisions released