WUFT is a tight-knit group of undergraduates interested in the intersection of finance & technology.
WUFT seeks to educate and support Penn undergraduates who are interested in the intersection of finance & technology.
- - Our members are self-starters who collaborate on new ideas and projects to help WUFT move forward.
- - We strive to be at the cutting edge of new ideas and trends, and, hopefully, the ones creating them.
- - Above all, WUFT is a place for members to find a tight-knit family and foster genuine friendships.
- - We host events to help start discussion on the fintech landscape. In the past, we have hosted speakers such as Rajeev Misra (CEO of SoftBank Vision Fund), Kelly Steckelberg (CFO of Zoom), and Ken Hao (Chairman of Silver Lake Partners). Education also exposes the greater Penn community to FinTech through lessons on technical content.
- - WUFT places a heavy emphasis on teamwork and collaboration; Internal supports this value through planning our weekly GBMs, regular team bonding events, and providing our members with resources they may need to succeed in the industry.
- - Our External team manages WUFT's finances, works with our sponsors (like Citadel, DRW, and Flow Traders), as well as organizes fully subsidized treks to Silicon Valley and New York City, visiting companies such as Google, Morgan Stanley, and Y Combinator.
- - The Special Projects committee explores and spearheads new WUFT initiatives, from hackathons to consulting fellowships and pitch competitions.
- - Marketing is responsible for connecting WUFT with those around us through social media and design. This committee is also tasked with producing our journal, podcast, and weekly newsletter.
Please access the universal Wharton Club application here and select WUFT to apply!